7 Tips for a Sugar Free February
This month Cancer Research UK are promoting going Sugar-Free, here are some tips from Brixworth Dental Practice, Northampton to help you on your journey.
- Ditch the fizzy drinks: one of the worst things you can do for your teeth is to sip from a bottle all day long. The continuous acid attack on your teeth destroys the enamel. Switch to water.
- There is hidden sugar everywhere even in savoury snacks such as crisps. Check the packet before your tempted. Download our dental app Brixworth Dental Practice from the app store at apple or google for our hidden sugar sheets.
- Remember fruit has a lot of sugar too, so be careful not to swap sweets with too much fruit. Fruit such as apples and pears are better than more exotic and highly sugary melon, bananas and grapes.
- Try not to replace sugar with other forms of sweetener or sugar, or the body will still react to the sweetness.
- When you feel hungry, the chances are you’re actually thirsty; try a glass of water instead.
- Enjoy discovering new foods and notice how much more tasty foods seem as you wean yourself off sugar. Noticing the good things will help keep you motivated as you push on through the month.
- Check out www.raisingsugarfreekids.com for some great ideas to keep you on track.