Good Practice Award for Brixworth Dental Practice
Brixworth Dental Practice in Northampton is proud to be a member of the BDA Good Practice scheme.
This means that we follow the scheme’s 10 commitments to good practice:
- We aim to provide dental care of consistently good quality, for all patients.
- We only provide care that meets your needs and wishes.
- We aim to make your treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible.
- We look after your general health and safety while receiving dental care
- We follow the British Dental Association’s guidelines on infection control.
- We check for mouth cancer and tell you what we find.
- We take part in continuing professional development to keep our skills and knowledge up-to-date.
- We train all staff in practice-wide work systems and review training plans once a year.
- We welcome feedback and deal promptly with any complaints.
- Every member of the practice is aware of the need to work safely under General Dental Council guidelines.
Cross infection at Our Practice
Cross infection control prevents the spreading of infectious diseases from patient to patient, patients to staff and staff to patients. We use the latest sterilising equipment and staff follow a strict cross infection control protocol to protect you. Our new surgeries and our separate Specialist Decontamination Room were specifically designed for the highest levels of cross infection control.
Our Cross Infection Control priorities:
- Effective hand washing
- Using protective barriers
- Managing healthcare waste
- Correct handling and disposal of needles and sharps
- Cleaning and decontamination of work surfaces
- Effective cleaning, decontamination and sterilisation of equipment including hand pieces and drills after each patient
- Use of appropriate disinfectants
- Correct storage of sterile instruments and equipment
- Appropriate use of barriers including gloves, bibs, face masks, protective clothing and eye protection. Your dentist or hygienist will wear a new set of disposable gloves for every patient, and a disposable mask during any procedure.
- Needle stick injury policy
- Maintaining dental chair unit water quality
- Decontamination of impressions and prosthetic appliances
- Monitoring staff immunisations and vaccinations
- Maintaining a safe environment including aspiration and ventilation