Laser Hair Removal
At Brixworth Laser & Skincare, Brixworth, Northampton we have the only Magma Diode Laser technology in Northamptonshire.
The Magma Diode Laser Hair Removal is a gentle yet effective solution that prevents hair from growing back permanently. It features one of the fastest hair removal treatments in the world, allowing coverage of up to 13.5cm2 per second, which makes it the optimal hair removal treatment. Unlike IPL which is not laser, Diode Lasers penetrate deep into the hair follicles and can target even the most coarse or stubborn hairs. Fewer sessions are also required because of its effectiveness in reducing hair.
It works on all skin types from 1 to 5 and all hair types including red and blonde
Read why this is so popular among cyclists
HOW IS IT DONE?
Step 1: Unwanted hair is shaved before cold gel is applied to the area.
Step 2: The laser is applied to the skin, to selectively heat and destroy the hair follicles without damaging the surrounding tissue (the skin).
Step 3: The gel is wiped off – and just like that, you’re done!
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER?
- Mild redness and swelling are common and normal temporary reactions.
- You may feel some ‘regrowth’ after, which is actually the lasered hair being pushed out of the hair shaft.
- Lasered hair should fall out within 2-4 weeks.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
CONTRAINDICATION: You may not proceed with treatment if you:
- Are pregnant and/or lactating (a doctor’s note is required)
- Are taking or have taken Isotretinoin (Accutane/Acnotin) within the last 6 months
- Take medications that increase sensitivity to sunlight, or are prone to seizures from light
- Have psoriasis, vitiligo, eczema, history of keloids, or bleeding disorders
- Have a pacemaker, internal defibrillator, and/or other implanted devices
- Make sure that you have not waxed or tweezed in the last 4 weeks since hair roots must be present
- Apply sunscreen with minimum SPF30 on exposed treated areas during the entire treatment course
- Use anti-inflammatory cream to treat redness, itchiness, and swelling as needed
- Do not apply any deodorant, soap, or lotion in the area for 24 hours
- Avoid whitening creams, sun exposure, tanning, and tanning lamps
- Shaving is allowed, but is not recommended and should be avoided
HOW MANY SESSIONS WILL I NEED?
- On average, it takes 6-12 sessions to achieve at least 80% reduction.
- The number of sessions may vary, depending on hair characteristics, consistency of treatment, age, gender, medications taken, and/or pre-existing hormonal conditions.
PRICES: Please download our detailed price list here
At Brixworth laser & Skincare salon Brixworth, Northampton we offer Free consultations with our therapist to discuss your treatment plan.